Thursday, March 9, 2017

10 Best Films of 2016

This a couple of months late, but I like to be thorough and see everything I think I need to.  So, here they are: The 10 Best Films of 2016.

So in descending order (as all lists should be) here are the top ten films of 2016.

10) Don't Breathe (Fede Alvarez)

09) Nocturnal Animals (Tom Ford)











08) Loving (Jeff Nichols)



07) Arrival (Denis Villeneuve)









06) The Greasy Strangler (Jim Hosking)


05) Sing Street (John Carney)








04) Swiss Army Man (Daniel Kwan & Daniel Scheinert)


03) Hacksaw Ridge (Mel Gibson)


02) Moonlight (Barry Jenkins)

01) Elle (Paul Verhoeven)




And, of course, there are always a few honorable mentions.

Manchester by the Sea (Kenneth Lonergan)








The Edge of Seventeen (Kelly Fremon Craig)






Deadpool (Tim Miller)


Lion (Garth Davis)



Tarzan (David Yates)









Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (David Yates)

Hidden Figures (Theodore Melfi)



And now all my white friends can yell at me as much as they want for what I'm about to say: La La Land doesn't even come near the list, the honorable mentions, or anywhere close to a movie I will ever watch again.  

It was intolerable.

I hated this movie.


If you want to see a truly high musical, go and find "Sing Street."

No comments:

Post a Comment