Monday, April 2, 2018

Quote of the Day - Support Your Local Sheriff - Stay on Your Side of the Line

I don't know how many of you have seen Burt Kennedy's Comedy/Western "Support Your Local Sheriff," but if you haven't, you've denied yourself a real treat. One of my Dad's favorite movies. I couldn't count how many times we watched it, but I pretty much have it memorized.

The film turns the Western genre on its head and kicks it in the face. The result is one film that still makes me cry with laughter every time I see it.

Sheriff: "Now Joe, the cell on the right is yours. We don't have any bars yet."
Joe Danby: "You're kidding."
Sheriff: "That's what I said! But we're gonna operate just as if the bars were there. You stay on that side of the line and everything should work out fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment