Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Spider-man: Homecoming - Jon Watts (2017)

If you're familiar will this blog, you will have noticed by now that most of the films I discuss are films I like. If I dislike a movie, I take no pleasure in deconstructing it.

Likewise, if I see a wildly entertaining blockbuster that essentially has no real substance, there's nothing to write about.

For instance, I've adored some
of the action films from earlier this summer, like "Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2" or "Wonder Woman." But I just don't have anything to say about this.

But I do have to speak about this. "Spider-man: Homecoming" was just a complete effing mess.

After watching it with Joia, you know her as Mrs. Spice, I just stood up and said, "Honey, I have to say something. That sucked asssssss!"

She agreed and said she wished she had brought her Kindle so she could read during this horribly paced, seemingly endless disaster.


To be fair, there was one sequence that was about five minutes long during a confrontation between Peter and the villain. It was terse and made my heart sink into my bowels.

So, out of a 2h 14m cluster-eff, there's about five good minutes buried within.

I'm not going to go on about it. Just don't say I didn't warn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment