Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Death Wish (2017) Will I or won't I?

When I first saw they were doing a remake of Michael Winner's 1974 triumph "Death Wish" starring bad-ass Charlie Bronson, I did not form an opinion right at first.

Then, I saw that one of my top five favorite actors, Bruce Willis, was picking up Bronson's torch, it peaked my interest. There was one mark in the 'good' column of the "Death Wish" quandary.

Then I saw that "Death Wish" is set place in the greatest city on earth: Chicago. So that is two marks in favor of the remake.

Now, I just saw that this is an Eli Roth (Hostel, The Green Inferno and Hostel) film. Three marks.

It's unanimous. Bruce Willis, gun, murder.

So now, I am left counting the weeks until I get to go see what I predict will likely be the second best action film of the year. It looks gleefully and wonderfully violent. Even if you can not tell that from the trailer, just look at Roth's past work.


No comments:

Post a Comment