Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Dunkirk - Christopher Nolan (2017)

To say that "Dunkirk" has been aggressively marketed would be an understatement.

I had some hesitations before I walked into "Dunkirk" with ma familla. One concern is that maybe I had been burned out by watching the trailer before every damn movie I've seen since May.

I did not know if I was going to be so tired of the trailer that that ennui would carry over to the film itself.

It turns out my concerns were spot on.

Boring, dull, and...what's the word I'm looking for? Boring, dull and trite. That's it trite.

However, the graphic above, of the leaflets raining down on the British and French soldiers was pretty cool. Gave it a smack of authenticity.

And the opening sequence felt very real, moving the battleground into the streets. Our hero jumping and climbing over houses and through gardens, rather than over hills and through trenches.

But that little acorn did not grow to be a full tree.

So much potential. So crappy. No, trite. That was the word. Trite.

No comments:

Post a Comment